Tuesday 27 September 2016

Iheanacho Insists Praise Does Not Get Into His Head Despite Scoring For Fun Under Guardiola

Manchester City’s Kelechi Iheanacho has said
he is not allowing recent encomiums get into
head.
The Super Eagles forward has attracted a lot of praise
from fans and pundits alike, as Pep Guardiola’s team
maintain a perfect start in the new season.
Iheanacho has found himself deputising for Sergio
Aguero during the Argentine’s three-match ban and
became the first Nigerian player to feature and score in
a Manchester Derby.
The 19-year-old insists he still has a lot to learn and
is keeping his head down.
“I’m not letting all the praise get to my head because I
still have a lot to learn in this game,” Iheanacho told
BBC Sport.
“It’s been a very progressive period for me at the club,
but playing alongside stars like Sergio [Aguero], Yaya
[Toure] and other great players provides a big chance to
keep working hard.
“I’m definitely learning, quietly listening and watching
others closely every day – I know in doing that I will
achieve bigger things in my career.
“We have experienced players in the team and as
someone who is learning and improving, I am happy to
take my chance when the manager calls,” he continued.
“Our manager has confidence in me and has been
encouraging me.
“All I want to do right now is to keep learning under
him and work hard for the club.
“I score goals not just because I am playing up front but
because I get to play in a fantastic team.
“Our defenders and midfielders supply the passes and
support for me to deliver, so it is a collective effort.”